Cindy S. Vova, a South Florida native, is entering her 30th year of practicing law. Ms. Vova founded the Law Offices of Cindy S. Vova in 1992 with the two-fold objective of providing superior representation to her clients and delivering the personal attention that each client deserves. She concentrates her practice on divorce and family law issues. From uncontested short-term marriages to complex divorces involving asset valuation issues to time sharing with special needs children, Ms. Vova brings compassionate dedication to all of her clients, and provides dignity to the divorce process. Her greatest passion is encouraging her clients to “take the high road,” particularly when children are involved. She understanding that once the case is over, the parties must still co-parent, and the less adversity that attorneys bring to the process, the greater the chance that children will still enjoy the love and devotion of both parents without having to chose.
Ms. Vova has lectured to other professional and law students on various aspects of family law. As her passion is children, she is often appointed by judges to serve as a guardian ad litem in contested custody cases. She previously served on the Professionalism Committee of the Broward Bar Association, and she is a member of the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar, and currently serves on the Support, Equitable Distribution and Rules and Forms Committee of the Family Law Section. Within the community Ms. Vova served on the Agency Relations Committee of the Jewish Federation of Broward County, the advisory board of the Broward College Institute for Economic Development and is a godparent with JAFCO.
Married for over twenty years, she is also the mother of two college students, two cats and a Maltese.
- University of Miami: Bachelor of Business Administration, magna cum laude, 1978
- University of Miami: Master of Business Administration, 1979
- Emory University: Doctor of Law, 1984
Bar Committees & Involvment
- Florida Bar Family Law Section
- Rules and Forms Committee
- Equitable Distribution Committee
- Women’s Executive Counsel, Jewish Federation of Broward County
- Agency Relations Committee, Jewish Federation of Broward County
- Broward College Institute for Economic Development
Bar Association Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, 1984
- State Bar of Florida, 1984
- American Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee (former member)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court of Appeals, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court of Appeals, Middle District of Florida
- Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator, 1978
- Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator, 2012